Your career, by design
The popularity of making new year resolutions ebbs and flows each year.
Just a few years ago, it was cool to make new year resolutions. Then it wasn't. Now it's back in vogue.
I say this without a hint of sarcasm. No jeers, laughter or eye-rolls here.
Resolutions make us feel good. Like we have control over our lives. And no matter what happened last year, this year will be different. Because we have the power to make it so.
This is the perfect opportunity to hit the reset button, clear out the mental cobwebs and really think about your personal and professional goals.
Here are some great decks to inspire and motivate you to roll up your sleeves and get down to the serious business of “designing” your career by removing the clutter, confusion and noise that has likely built over time.
- Design your career (originally published in 2012; still good six years later!)
- Inside the mind of an agile careerist
- Career-changing lessons learned while playing flappy birds
- 19 work habits to get ahead in the business world
- 24 ways to outgrow and outlearn everyone you know